Abu Dhabi Grammar School (Canada) Admission Procedures
There are 4 stages to the Admission Process:
1. Application 2. Interview & Assessment 3. Approval 4. Admission
Please note: All required documents must be colored copies.
To view the Application Procedures in Arabic, please click here Application Procedure (Arabic Version)
To apply to Abu Dhabi Grammar School (Canada), students must provide the following:
1. Completed Application Package
2. Valid copy of the student’s UAE ID (front and back)
3. Valid copy of the student’s passport with valid UAE residence visa for non-UAE national students
4. Student’s most recent report card
5. Two recent coloured passport-size photographs of the student with a white background, no more than six months old.
Once this documentation is provided, the application will be processed and evaluated by the admissions team. Please note, due to the high number of applications received, we will only contact those applicants who will move on to the Interview Stage.
Interview & Assessment
Based on the student’s most recent report card and application package, as well as available seats in the grade level, the student may be selected to move on to the interview & assessment stage.The admissions team will arrange assessment and interview dates. Applicants will be interviewed and assessed according to their age, and grade level, that correspond with the school’s requirements.
Kindergarten 2 applicants must be born in 2013 ,and Grade 1 applicants must be born in 2012 to enter KG2 and Grade 1, respectively, for the 2018/2019 year.
Upon successful completion of the interview & assessment stage, you can expect to receive a phone call from the admissions team. Applicants will then be requested to have a Confidential Recommendation Form completed by the current school they attend. The form must be completed within seven (calendar) days of receiving the phone call.
According to an applicant’s assessment results, Confidential Recommendation Form and previously received documentation, they will be denied or approved for admission into the school. The decision of whether an applicant is approved or denied into Abu Dhabi Grammar School (Canada) is nonnegotiable; the interview & assessment will be conducted only once. Admission decisions are based on the school’s admissions team and administration.
Applicants will then be requested to provide the following documentation to the school:
1. Valid copy of the father’s and mother’s passport with a valid UAE residence visa for non-UAE national students.
2. Valid copy of the father’s and mother’s Emirates ID (both sides) or copy of application for Emirates ID.
3. Copy of student’s immunization records.
4. Copy of the UAE health insurance card.
5. A copy of the most recent school report card as well as the final ADEC school report of the previous year.
School Reports must be attested by the Ministry of Education, Ministry Affairs and the Embassy of the country of origin, except for Canada, the United States of America or European countries for students transferring from outside the UAE.
6. Birth certificate or any other official document of birth.
Birth certificates must be attested by the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Embassy of the country of origin, except for the United Arab Emirates, Canada, the United States of America, western Europe, Australia and New Zealand.
7. Copy of the resident electricity bill with Premises ID #.
8. Letter of enrolment from the previous school for students transferring within the UAE.
*-OROriginal transfer letter from previous school outside the UAE.
* Transfer letter must be attested by the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Embassy of the country of origin, except for Canada, the United States of America or European countries. The letter should state the last date of attendance and grade he or she has been promoted to.
* All documents must be in English or Arabic, otherwise an official UAE translation is required.
Approved students are not guaranteed admission. Once seat availability has been determined for each grade level, select students with approved applications will be contacted by phone. The remaining approved students will remain on a waitlist.
Once accepted, a fee of 5% of tuition fees is collected for each child to reserve their seat. This fee is deducted from the tuition fees when registration and payment take place. There is a seven (calendar) day time limit to make this payment and accept a place once an applicant has been informed of their acceptance.
Please note that application procedures are subject to change without notice.